I just finished reading the post
Q: Who's Fault Is It When The Story Of The Movie Is Bad? at
The Artful Writer. I have to say, that I agree with the final statement, but, seen from a writers point of view, some of the people involved with the development of a story are in the same responsibility as the editor at a plain vanilla book-project. It's their decision if a story or a subject, for that matter, sells. I know, doing something creative (like writing) and
sell in the same sentence, but, let's face it, writers have to eat, too. ;-)
My point is, no book or film (besides the well-known exceptions) is created by one person alone, be it the input of friends or co-workers or the guiding comments of the editor (or whoever has to make the decisions while writing a script), there will be influences from the
outside
nudging, or even steering, the development of a story. If everything goes well and the whole project is a success, everyone is happy. If not, one or the other will utter
'told you so!
So, yes,
Failure is an orphan.
Technorati Tags: Writing