Never touch a running system.This saying still holds true in today's computing world. Apple's new operating system Tiger is
in the wildfor some time now. My approach to new releases is simple, if something does what I want, why change it right away? OS X is just another *NIX-based OS and I do not switch the Solaris release on my SUN to a new
.0release just because it is available, why should I do so on the Macintosh I use for my daily writing?
Don't get me wrong here, if I should have a spare box to test new software, I do so. There was just no spare Mac to be used for testing, that's all. Since most of my projects are in the finishing stages right now, I decided to jump the gun and install the new OS for my trusty 12".
I'll blog the progress as it develops. Since I will treat the new OS like any other *NIX OS, including the usual precautions, the whole shebang might be interesting for you.
I started with the usual steps, means I prepared the system for a backup using the steps outlined in Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Computer Hygiene to get a backup with all log-files in a clean state, a.k.a. with the oldest files purged.
I'll be back after the backup-run.

