Thursday, November 24, 2005

Mac: Are we really that different?

The article Dear switchers remembered me of one occasion I found out (again), that we Mac users seem to be really thinking different.
I started working with Macs in '86 and continued to do so on and off until now. After an absence of about four years from the Mac-Scene, I got my first PowerBook in 2000. I really liked it and used it to work on a game-design document on a flight from L.A. to London. The flight was over night and the crew shut down the lights in the cabin after a while. I noticed that some people wandering in the plane gave me a Thumbs-Up when passing my seat. I tried to place them, but never met one of them to the best of my knowledge. Number ten or eleven solved the riddle for me: How do you like the Pismo?
I didn't knew about the glowing apple logo then.