Thursday, November 10, 2005

Priorities: To Noodle or not to Noodle

A client bailed out of an appointment this morning. Confronted with two days to spare, a tough decision has to be made: How will I spend the time at hand?
Cleaning the apartment? Yeah, right. Actually, I could work on my book (something I had planned for next week). Factually, I think I will do a bit of noodling (I learned about this word at Franklin McMahon's excellent PodCast Media Artist Secrets). It refers to play around with something in a creative way to find out about new and interesting uses for it. For example: I couldn't find the time to nose around in the new features of Reason, there are a couple of approaches to investigate them:

  1. Read the manual (could be interesting)

  2. Read in a book about it (could give another view on the subject)

  3. Noodling


A real puzzler, what would be the most fun thing to do?
;-)