Friday, July 01, 2005

BSD?

Why do people ask me this question (in concert with that strange noise in their voices)?
To be blunt: Yes, I usually work with OS X, Solaris, and Linux, so? To quote from my book [en|de]: using another OS might reveal some insights on how things are done somewhere else and it is fun, too.
Regarding the case at hand, I needed to use both CPUs on my SS20. 2.6 will not allow me to do so, NetBSD does. Maybe I'll have a look and try to fix it myself but for the time being, I just need both CPUs for something completely different, that's all.
OTOH, I will blog about the things that I can't remember in this blog, or simply things I deem interesting enough to write about. Chances are, someone might have use for this information and that is what the Internet is all about, information,
isn't it?